Friday, October 8, 2010

Commenting on Comments

Baking Buddies - I do thank you for the enthusiasm for my new Blog. I just thought it might be easier to have everything cooking related in one place - at least for me it makes it easier!!

Now to the comments... Yes, Peggy Lee , I can certainly post the Brownie recipe - it is a total winner that I have made a few times with super success!!

Donna - Yes, it does call for 1 1/2 Tlbs of Pumpkin Pie Spice -That really had me wondering when I made it, but it is a really big cake and it takes that much spice. I made my own to adjust for my taste - you can certainly do the same.

Tirillium mentioned getting canned pumpkin - That really threw me also as I couldn't find it in any store and the pumpkins had not come into the market to make my own fresh mashed pumpkin Eventually I found some canned before the real thing came in, but now with the markets full of fresh I would suggest cooking up a little sugar pumpkin and making your own - fresh mashed pumpkin - for the cake.

I think this is a winner cake on many levels - it is super moist, full of flavour and pretty easy to adjust to individual tastes. While cooking it fills the house with a super smell and for those that do not like pumpkin you can't really tell it's in there.

Take care,
edgar

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to future goodies - yumm!!

    Have a great weekend Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo Edgar, moving on with another blog! I hope you will continue to post your yummy goodies on your stitching blog too. Congrats on a new start here!

    ReplyDelete