Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spice Cake

This super quick and easy cake comes from the "Mennonite Girls can Cook" Blog.  What a wonderful place for some great recipes!!  You can click HERE to go there and check them out.  As with many of the recipes I find online I tweaked this one a bit and will include my tweaks.  Enjoy!!


Ingredients - 
1 Pkg Yellow Cake Mix
1 Pkg 4 Serving size Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
1 C Plain Applesauce (or Pear Sauce)
1/2 C Water
1/4 C Oil
1/2 Teas Cinnamon
1/2 Teas Nutmeg (about 10 or so Grates of the nut)

I also added:
1/2 Teas Ground Ginger
1/2 Teas Ground Clove
1/8 teas Salt

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend - then beat at medium for at least 4 minutes - this is a sticky batter that needs to be scraped down often I found -   Pour into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube or fluted Bundt pan.  (either can be used)  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.  DO NOT UNDERBAKE.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely.  When cake is cooled dust with icing sugar - I made a quick cream cheese glaze that went very well with the spices in the cake.  It's good by itself or served with ice cream.



2 comments:

  1. Dang this looks yummy too. And I now have the correct cake pan. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Edgar, and id love to have this one with a nice cup of coffee. And thank you very much for your blog visits to my own. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete