Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Orange Blossoms

Baking Buddies - that works over here also!! - I can remember my mom making these things - and with going home for Christmas and everything I was getting all nostalgic - so I got an hankerin' for some.  I think there are quite a few variations for these and I used probably the simplest of recipes.  Very easy and super with a cuppa!!

Orange Blossoms

Ingredients


Cakes
1 Package yellow Cake mix
1 3.4 oz Package Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
4 Eggs, room temperature
3/4 C Cold Water
3/4 C Oil

Glaze
3 C Icing Sugar
1/2 C Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, Thawed
3 Tbls Melted Butter
3 Tbls Water

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease one or two miniature muffin pans.  For the cakes, in a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil... beat until well mixed.  


Fill prepared muffin pans, using about 1 tablespoon of batter for each cake.  Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cakes spring bake when touched.  Repeat until all batter is used up.  I made 5 1/2 dozen of these suckers.

For the glaze, mix the icing sugar, orange juice, butter and water until very smooth: set aside.


Dip the "Blossoms" into the glaze immediately after removing them from the oven.  Place on waxed paper to set and cool.


3 comments:

  1. These look wonderful!! Need to see if I have everything to make them right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these last week and they turned out wonderfully! I had plenty for us and also to share with my sister and her family. Plus I froze a bunch for later! Thanks for the yummy recipe!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete